We're really going for the simple classics this week! If spinach artichoke dip isn't one of your go-to recipes, I bet you have a friend who makes it for every gathering.
The thing is, when it's good, it's really good.
And we think this recipe is especially good served warm with toasted cubes of our dark pumpernickel for dipping.
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
8 oz spinach frozen but thawed, drained and chopped (about 1-1/4 cups)
14 oz artichoke hearts (1 can) drained and chopped
1/4 cup sour cream
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 clove garlic minced
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a small (1 quart) baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl stir together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic, parmesan, mozzarella and pepper.
- Stir in artichokes and spinach.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake in preheated oven until heated through and melty, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with cocoa pumpernickel bread cubes or toast points!