You're holding a fresh loaf of our artisanal sourdough bread— how do you make the most of it?
Here are our favorite tips:
1. For the first few days, use in fresh preparations like sandwiches, sliced with butter, or to accompany a meal.
2. If serving the loaf whole, we recommend you warm it to revive that just-baked crust and and full flavor. Place it in a pre-heated 350°F oven until hot to the touch, about 12-15 minutes.
3. Store the loaf in the perforated bag you received it in. Or, simply leave it out, cut-side down on a cutting board or counter. Both options slow the drying process.
4. After a few days, lean more into toasted preparations: breakfast toast, grilled cheese, French toast, bruschetta, and crostini, etc.
5. As the bread continues to dry, make herbed croutons for soup and salad, or blitz it into breadcrumbs to use in other recipes.
6. You can also freeze it to enjoy in the future.